General FAQs

If you have any questions please take a look at our FAQ section below.

If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, please give us a call on 020 8381 4901 or contact us here.

Do you need to be Jewish to apply?

jLiving provides affordable, quality housing primarily, but not exclusively, to members of the Jewish Community. The Association welcomes applications from everyone regardless of gender, religion, sexual orientation or disability.

Who can apply for accommodation?

Anyone who is in need of sheltered accommodation and needs support from a scheme-based Housing Manager. On occasion, we are able to consider applications from younger applicants where it is considered that they will benefit from sheltered housing and related support.

Can I still apply if I own a house?

As a Registered Provider of Social Housing jLiving remains obliged to make the best use of its resources and is required to make allocations on the basis of housing need and need for assistance in accessing support. There will be instances where individuals who apply for housing will, in the opinion of the Association, have the means to secure their own accommodation either in the private sector or by means of purchase. Priority will be given to those applicants who do not have the resources to secure or obtain housing elsewhere. The Association will always try to advise, assist and signpost unsuccessful applicants to the most appropriate resource.

Do you provide meals?

No, if tenants require assistance with meals we can help arrange for Wiltshire Farm Foods (or similar) to be delivered.

Are the flats furnished?

The flats are unfurnished and tenants will be responsible for all white goods, furniture and carpets for the flat.

How do I apply?

The best way is to apply online via our website, alternatively, you can ring our Head Office and ask for an application form to be sent out in the post to you.

What is the process of application?

All cases are assessed on an individual basis. We do require supplementary evidence such as landlord references, where applicable, and a medical report from your GP, so some cases can take longer than others. The Allocations Panel usually meet every 3 months.

How often is a Scheme Manager at the property?

Monday to Friday during core office hours. After hours there is a helpline available 24hrs a day 365 days per year.

Do you have 2-bedroom properties?

The Association has approx. 500 properties of which only 10 are 2-bed properties.

I am coming from abroad, how does that affect things?

The Association will ask for evidence that you have the right to remain in the UK or are a UK Citizen. We are also obliged to ensure that you have the means to pay your rent in full should you be accepted for a property.

Can I bring a pet?

Unfortunately, jLiving does not allow pets to live at any of our Schemes.

Can I come and take a look at one of your properties before I apply?

You are able to view properties once you have been accepted onto the Association’s waiting list.

What is a Housing Association?

Housing associations are non-profit making organisations that provide low-cost ‘social housing’ for people in need of a home. Any trading surplus is used to maintain existing housing and to help finance new homes. Although independent they are regulated by the government and can receive public funding. They help those who cannot afford to buy a home outright.

What is sheltered accommodation?

Sheltered housing is a block of self-contained studios and flats that has some shared facilities such as a communal lounge designed for older people to allow them to live independently. In most cases, they are available to people aged over 60. All properties have their own front door, kitchen and bathroom so that residents can continue to live independently and continue to have the freedom to come and go as they please.

Apply Now
Skip to content