jLiving is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide or you wish to volunteer certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
jLiving may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 September 2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address, home address and telephone number.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to your enquiry and required for the purpose of delivering our services.
What we do with the data we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with help and support.
- Internal record-keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special or other information (which we think you may find interesting) using the email address which you have provided for example fundraising events and updates on the work we do.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Princes Park Avenue
London NW11 0JJ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us, or write to us, as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.